Re: [Harp-L] Gindick's Got a Hetrick Harp Case on Youtube

I am curious if the lid comes off the Hetrick case because I could use a case for open stage jams that is smaller than the one I have. If the lid isn't removable it doesn't work for me (I remember the old days when I had to use a stick to prop open the lid of a beat up old trumpet case).

There a few cases out there that mount to mic stands. I don't like the idea because the case makes the whole thing top heavy and just begging to be knocked over by me or someone on stage.

I currently use a Roadready brand case for a small PA head (Guitar Center) that is constructed like the Hetrick case. It's about 18"x12"x7" and the lid comes off. I mount it to a sturdy PA stand with locking casters (also Guitar Center). I've got it blocked out to hold effects, cords, etc.
I called the Hetrick company and asked if they sold the acrylic dividers seperately from their case but they only sell extra sections if you buy the case. So I went out into the shop at work and cut some 1/8" thick plastic panels (the brand name is Sintra) and made my own. It took about a 1/2 hour and was free. It holds 16 harps (I carry A,B,Bb,C,D,E,F,G and a full set of back-ups). Now I have the same type of harp holder as the Hetrick case (cross lap panels that slot together), but it is custom fit to my needs for the case I already have. I'm thinking about adding a bottom panel to the harp holder so that I can pull it out of my large case and set it on my amp, or a smaller case if I want.

-------------- Original message from "Guy Buxman" <guybuxman@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

Their customer service dept. told me they're working on a version that mounts on a mic stand?  Any idea when that will be ready?

I can't believe how small this case is. It's much smaller in width and length than the plastic Horner stand by case which only holds 12 harps.

Thanks,

Guy

On 11/16/06, nonidesign@xxxxxxx <nonidesign@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Does the lid come off for ease of use on stage?

-------------- Original message from "Matt Smart" < matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------